Garduño Tax & Associates Services in Brownsville, TX


Whether you see a tax professional or prepare your taxes on your own, we are here for you when you are ready to file.

Personal Information

  •  Your social security number or tax ID number
  •  Your spouse's full name and social security number or tax ID number

Dependent(S) Information

  •  Dates of birth and social security numbers or tax ID numbers
  •  Childcare records (including the provider's tax ID number) if applicable
  • Income of other adults in your home
  • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial parent is releasing their right to claim a child to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)

Sources Of Income


  •  Forms W-2


  •  Unemployment, state tax refund (1099-G)


  •  Forms 1099-MISC, Schedules K-1, income records to verify amounts not reported on 1099s
  •  Records of all expenses — check registers or credit card statements, and receipts
  •  Business-use asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation
  •  Office in home information, if applicable
  •  Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040ES)

Rental Income

  •  Records of income and expenses
  •  Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation
  •  Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040ES)

Retirement Income

  •  Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
  •  Traditional IRA basis (i.e. amounts you contributed to the IRA that were already taxed)
  •  Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-1099)

Savings & Investments or Dividends

  •  Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
  •  Income from sales of stock or other property (1099-B, 1099-S)
  •  Dates of acquisition and records of your cost or other basis in property you sold (if basis is not reported on 1099-B)
  •  Health Savings Account and long-term care reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
  •  Expenses related to your investments
  •  Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040ES)

Other Income & Losses

  •  Gambling income (W-2G or records showing income, as well as expense records)
  •  Jury duty records
  •  Hobby income and expenses
  •  Prizes and awards
  •  Trusts
  •  Royalty Income 1099 Misc.
  •  Any other 1099s received
  •  Record of alimony paid/received with Ex-spouse’s name and SSN

Types Of Deductions

Home Ownership

  •  Forms 1098 or other mortgage interest statements
  •  Real estate and personal property tax records
  •  Receipts for energy-saving home improvements
  •  All other 1098 series forms

Charitable Donations

  •  Cash amounts donated to houses of worship, schools, other charitable organizations
  •  Records of non-cash charitable donations
  •  Amounts of miles driven for charitable or medical purposes

Medical Expenses

  •  Amounts paid for healthcare insurance and to doctors, dentists, hospitals

Health Insurance

  •  Form 1095-A if you enrolled in an insurance plan through the Marketplace (Exchange)
  •  Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C if you had insurance coverage through any other source (i.e . an employer, insurance company, government health plan such as Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, TRICARE, VA, etc.)
  •  Marketplace exemption certificate (ECN) if you applied for and received an exemption from the Marketplace (Exchange)

Childcare Expenses

  •  Fees paid to a licensed day care center or family day care for care of an infant or preschooler.
  •  Wages paid to a baby-sitter.
  • Don't include expenses paid through a flexible spending account at work.

Educational Expenses

  •  Forms 1098-T from educational institutions
  •  Receipts that itemize qualified educational expenses
  •  Records of any scholarships or fellowships you received
  •  Form1098-E if you paid student loan interest

Job Expenses & Tax Prep Fees

  •  Employment related vehicle expenses (tolls, mileage, gas, maintenance, license, property tax, interest expense, parking)
  •  Receipts for classroom expenses (for educators in grades K-12)
  •  Employment-related expenses (dues, publications, tools, uniform cost and cleaning, travel)
  •  Job-hunting expenses
  •  Record of moving expenses not reimbursed by employer
  •  Amount paid for preparation of last year’s tax return

State & Local Taxes or Sales Tax

  •  Amount of state/local income tax paid (other than wage withholding), or amount of state and local sales tax paid
  •  Invoice showing amount of vehicle sales tax paid

Retirement & Other Savings

  •  Form 5498-SA showing HSA contributions
  •  Form 5498 showing IRA contributions
  •  All other 5498 series forms (5498-QA, 5498-ESA)

Federally Declared Disaster

  •  City/county you lived/worked/had property in
  •  Records to support property losses (appraisal, clean up costs, etc.)
  •  Records of rebuilding/repair costs
  •  Insurance reimbursements/claims to be paid
  •  FEMA assistance information
  •  Check FEMA site to see if my county has been declared a federal disaster area
View Details
Sold Out